No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: For show: Delatte Nancy vase blown in iron frame  (Read 2023 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
For show: Delatte Nancy vase blown in iron frame
« on: February 20, 2022, 01:14:04 PM »
Yesterday I picked up this phantastic piece: a vase from the 1920s/30s by Andre Delatte, Nancy.

Blue mottled glass with applied silver foil, blown in an iron frame.
It is enormous at a diameter of almost 25 cm. And extremely heavy.

Took me 10 minutes to find the mark (as I had expected that the piece was from Daum Nancy / Majorelle, and marked at the base).

Thanks for looking :)

Michael

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: For show: Delatte Nancy vase blown in iron frame
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 01:19:32 PM »
Superb!

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 12:12:25 AM »
It is also interesting and useful to be able to compare these pieces to say, Bohemian internally decorated pieces from the same period. 

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 07:43:25 AM »
When I spotted this, I first thought it is a Bohemian piece; to be honest I had never come across those French Art Deco pieces before.
Like these (probably Kralik) "Caged" pieces on CW: https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/239271-kralik--caged-glass-2

So somehow I expected something a lot smaller when I picked it up -- to my surprise the whole thing was big and heavy at around 5 kg.

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand