No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help With Identifying Arts & Crafts Candlestick  (Read 661 times)

Offline salliemoonbeam

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Studio Glass
    • United Kingdom
Help With Identifying Arts & Crafts Candlestick
« on: April 05, 2022, 11:38:58 AM »
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help identify this unusual Arts & Crafts Candlestick. It is quite delicate and is in perfect condition. It is 23cm tall. Underside of base has numerous small scratches making me wonder if it was once glued in place. Unfortunately, no maker's mark.  From the style and quality I think it is old. Any advice gratefully received. Thank you, David

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ian the sculptor

• Members
Re: Help With Identifying Arts & Crafts Candlestick
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 06:39:27 PM »
Hi David,
Welcome to the board. My gut instinct, for what it's worth, is that it's quite modern (1980-present day) by a modern glass artist. Certainly not Arts & Crafts period. But I have no idea who might have made it.
Best wishes,
Ian

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline salliemoonbeam

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Studio Glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Help With Identifying Arts & Crafts Candlestick
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 09:16:28 AM »
Thanks, Ian. It could well be modern, I wasn't sure how to date.  I've just not seen any like it for sale on the web which I would have thought would be the case if it was produced during the last few decades. If you find out any more let me know. Thanks again, David

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand