No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Victorian ? Ruby Rummer/Goblet ? English ? Bohemian? German ? lol  (Read 542 times)

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
I couldn't leave this piece i had some spare cash left over from the week
before and decided to buy it just said red glass on the label i think it is much
better than this description and price was nice as well. With the clear glass at
the base of the bowl would it be cased glass? Lovely deep cranberry or Ruby
color has lots of wear to outside of the foot and rings like a bell. The shape to
me could be English and it certainly has a lead content very heavy for it height
however it has a very grand stature at a height of 7 1/4" tall it weighs 700 gram...
That's heavy for a glass or goblet in any case i would have thought would love to
now if anyone would like a guess at its origins and age i was thinking maybe 1860's?
British or Bohemian possibly Thanks :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Very classy.  Lovely lovely facet/panel cutting.  Is the stem also facet cut?
Great find.

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand