No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Loetz Papillon? Vase. - ID = Caithness  (Read 495 times)

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Loetz Papillon? Vase. - ID = Caithness
« on: November 20, 2022, 12:19:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is by Loetz but I can't find one exactly like it, however, there are a few miniature Loetz vases online which have a similar appearance. See the one middle of the middle row here. Mine I think may be "Creta (Green) Papillon"

https://www.loetz.com/decors-a-z/miniatures

Mine is 14cm. tall with a wrinkly, wrythen finish, ground rim and a smoothed base with no silvering.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
Re: Loetz Papillon? Vase.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 12:20:34 PM »
And a photo to show the colour.

Offline LEGSY

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Antiques
    • North Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 01:25:42 PM »
 ??? Hi Nev i think it maybe Caithness but somebody with more knowledge needs to
confirm this i might be wrong, But i am sure i had one years ago with a label it does
resemble Loetz though i know what you mean.

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 02:08:43 PM »
You are right LEGSY, I thought at first it might be British but was seduced by the possibility of it being Loetz. Several online including this one on Ebay. I've asked the mods to retitle it. It only cost £5.50 and it is a nice vase.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304590127336?hash=item46eafc80e8:g:pg4AAOSw1MRi8C-b&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoPVMzndZEQPCPM32lON%2FpXpuHbFoENTOG6Z07QoAJxwIZaR3Y4dSAOhFOEtceHcPeG9RLyoaObL4lxf0dL1xR4oVwM6yeSgD7J1Wo4AdAnDo4WIlMrDzJMCj6BkW6XETI6XolcYMCloLWg1Gslt01UQ3tAePzB11cmF%2FAhA8SuEsf6MXfvmWilJeSIhBpQZJxbyV8FDoNv1HlH4RY85%2B1VU%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6b30tWSYQ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand