No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass bowl... signed to base - ID = Alsterfors by Per Olof Strom  (Read 1685 times)

Offline createdbear

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • England
Glass bowl... signed to base - ID = Alsterfors by Per Olof Strom
« on: February 01, 2023, 06:18:12 PM »
Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can ID this clear glass bowl please. It is thick glass and heavy with a great design. I can't find one the same on the net. I thin it could be Sklo and it is signed on the base. Thank you, as a;ways, or any help or input.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: ID if possible please on glass bowl...maybe Sklo Union...signed to base
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 06:30:12 PM »
Made by Alsterfors and designed by Per Olof Strom (sig is PO Strom). Very nice, not seen this shape in clear before, mind you hard to find in any colour.
John

Offline createdbear

• Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 06:34:19 PM »
Yes, thank you glass obsessed. I found it about 10 minutes ago. I new I'd seen that design somewhere so had a look on Wayne's 20th cent glass site and there is an orange vase...signed P Strom 70. Tanks again friend. Mystery solved

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 08:45:24 PM »
Sorry to be difficult, but can I ask createdbear if they own these photographs please?
When they say; "I only found it about 10 minutes ago" I am afraid it causes me to wonder where the images come from.
If they are not your own images, createdbear, would you please post the link to the website where you found them, rather than take the images from there.
This is to keep the board on the correct side of copyright law.
If they are your own photographs, please accept my sincere apologies for being suspicious.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline createdbear

• Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 11:36:27 PM »
Hello Chopin. Happy to put the matter straight. The pics are mine, taken with my phone. The "I found it only 10 mins ago" refers to me finding the orange vase on 20th cent glass website, 10 mins after I posted my thread. I don't know about other members but I always seem to end up with nothing when I do the Google reverse photo search thing. Plenty of clear glass bowls and similar Sklo pieces but the design was bugging me as I knew I'd seen it before. I found it on 20th cent glass...a superb reference site as I am sure many are aware.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Glass bowl... signed to base - ID = Alsterfors by Per Olof Strom
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 10:12:54 AM »
 Sklo just means glass, so everything here is sklo. Sklo Union however refers to the nationalised Czech pressed glass factories. This is mould blown rather than pressed.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Glass bowl... signed to base - ID = Alsterfors by Per Olof Strom
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 01:37:26 PM »
Thanks createdbear, and again I'm sorry for being suspicious.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand