No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help Please!  (Read 407 times)

Offline jove14

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • paperweights, glass
    • UK, Wigan.
Help Please!
« on: February 12, 2023, 03:25:45 PM »
Hi, All.
I have tried three times to ask for help in IDing a glass vase.
All of the post seemed to go up but I cannot find them.
I posted them in glass, filled in all of the details like I have in the past and added photo's.
I then clicked on post and they seemed to go up but on searching in my post section they are not there.
What am I doing wrong please.
Joe.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 04:09:35 PM »
Hello Joe, I've checked the board's error log and it's not showing any failed attempts by you to post, so I'm at a bit of a loss here. Apart from your post above, the most recent post logged from you was from October 2021, so whatever you've tried to post recently hasn't worked. The usual reason for a post not going through is that the images are too large, the max size per image is 125kb and you can add up to 4 per post. Would you please try again and, when you press the Post button, see if there is any error message appears on the screen, and if there is please copy it (or take a screenshot) and add it as a reply here, so I can see what's happening. If the problem is an issue with image file sizes then you'll need to make sure your images are smaller than the size limit - note that for technical reasons, images that are very close to 125kb can fail to upload sometimes, so to be safe, aim for an image size around 110kb maximum. We have some help about resizing images in the Help forum here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,34093.0.html. If you continue to have problems even with resized images then please drop me a note below or email me at support@glassmessages.com.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jove14

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • paperweights, glass
    • UK, Wigan.
Re: Help Please!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 04:17:34 PM »
Hi, Anne.
Thank you for your reply.
There wasnt any error messages when I sent those post up and I did ten minute's ago realize about the image size and that I had not for some unearthly reason resized the images.
I will now go and try again.
Many thanks for the help, Anne.
Wish me luck.
Joe.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand