No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Italian glass lamp parts .. 1970s  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Justeric1agn

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Italian lamp
    • United States
Italian glass lamp parts .. 1970s
« on: August 02, 2023, 04:48:10 PM »
Ended up with a shipping container full of glass lamp parts.. best I can tell from 1970s ..huge amounts of them ..all nos I'm plain unmarked boxes ..béen researching a couple years now and still only know one thing ..they are made in Italy ..now some parts clearly marked emploi ..new stickers no one I've found yet had ..some from campania ..rest idk ..little red metal sticker says made in Italy on a lot of it ..rest say lamp base made in Italy in metal gold stickers ..some parts have both stickers on same parts ..no idea who sent parts to USA or why ..don't know where they were going ..some not on internet anywhere ..wondered if I'm at the right place to find answers ..I get alot of opinions which are great ..but nothing confirmed as of yet on anything ..could  be empoli could be Marino ..only thing I'm almost sure of its venition ..all documentation i have found states venition .. not sure where to start to show it or explain .. it's a time capsule from 1970 I'd be happy to share with anyone needing info for reference .. any help figuring out where is was made is appreciated .. all I have come up with so far is basically opinions with no way to confirm or deny anything .. except its venition glas (at least some of it ) from Italy .. thanks was  gonna do pictures but I'll do alblem a lot of parts 5 new stickers .. thanks

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Italian glass lamp parts .. 1970s
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 10:27:40 PM »
Hello and welcome to the board. Photos would be useful but please add them to the board rather than host them elsewhere, so they don't disappear at a future date. The board is intended to be a permanent reference source about glass. Thanks!
PS if you need help in uploading images see my techie tips in the Help forum here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,22.0.html
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Justeric1agn

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Italian lamp
    • United States
Balboa last shipment to dept stores
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 11:42:41 PM »
Shipping container I have I about determined it's balboas last shipment of glass .. nos Italian lamp parts ..

I've got a lot of info from other social media but to much misinformation to decide what is true what is false .. this seems like a lot of good people read a lot of posts ..with a little help I can explain balboa the dept store lamps and solve mystery of Balboa that's been going on since 1955 ..

Question one ok why did an importer have export stickers .. this one zeroed me in he wouldn't he had a furnace... Maybe 2 he had Paul wholesale sticker too .... I've about seen that one and need to know rule about export stickers on island .. we all know Balboa is not a factory or anything on Murano island .. it is in new York city  so is Paul's .. ok not a Murano export sticker then where did he make his glass .. when I see a Balboa venetion glass sticker ya know what I see ... A generic made in Italy with no mention of location and a business name .. not a guarantee of where glass was made or even if it is venetion .. it clearly states this is balboas venition glass .. not Murano ..

Second how do stickers work .. can glass from empoli campania and Murano have same sticker or are they regional ..? This will explain everything. .. phone is about dead let me charge it come back with pictures .. https://photos.app.goo.gl/ARSNv82EWJ7DYtxV7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand