No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID Assistance Requested For Vaseline Pressed Glass Creamer & Sugar  (Read 342 times)

Offline quailman

• Members
Hello All.  I recently purchased this pressed glass creamer and open sugar set in the canary (vaseline) color.  I've been unable to identify the pattern or maker.  The set appears to be quite old with ground bases, numerous inclusions, and other imperfections typical of mid-19th century glass.  The design is a band of ovals over 2 bands of diamonds.  The top edge and foot have a scalloped edge.  Both pieces are approximately 5 3/4" tall.  The set glows brightly under a black light.  Has anyone seen this pattern before?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline neilh

• Members
Re: ID Assistance Requested For Vaseline Pressed Glass Creamer & Sugar
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 06:30:19 AM »
Hmm, that's a tricky one. Quite a few pressed glass makers did something like this, most commonly around 1855 to 1860. Yours is a close match in parts to an Edward Moore version, but not the same. The style of creamer is one I would heavily associate with the northeast. I can't see this in the 1874 Sowerby catalogue (though it could have been a discontinued design). Therefore I would put Henry Greener in pole position (or rather, Angus & Greener at that date), with discontinued Sowerby design in second place. Could be wrong though.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand