No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pink satin signed vase - any ideas on who please?  (Read 353 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Pink satin signed vase - any ideas on who please?
« on: August 28, 2023, 02:26:13 PM »
Bought years ago as 'needed' dark pink glass for a newly decorated room  ;D
Took it down to clean yesterday and realised it has a signature.  I'm usually pretty good on deciphering but apart from thinking it might read MARie something I have no clue.
It's made from some kind of mold to create the tulip shape and has three little feet.  All the petals are different sizes.

Shiny inside, matt satiny outside. Any white lines you can see on the interior are light shining marks.

And on the base there is a clear glass showing around the mold shaped base so it looks to me as though it was coated somehow?  with something but what and how made? 

Didn't look for a signature at the time as it wasn't expensive and served a purpose.

Help much appreciated :) thanks
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Re: Pink satin signed vase - any ideas on who please?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 03:06:49 PM »
I’m seeing L’Arti..,maybe something made for a resturant ??

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 03:11:18 PM »
I've just been autimatically informed about your post as I clicked on reply to say exactly the same thing.
L' Arti something.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 04:16:54 PM »
ooh good shout both :) Can see that as well now you've both mentioned it ... I think  ???  It looks like L'ARfc to me to be honest.

It just seems such a strange little vase to be signed. Especially so small and so carefully signed.  Weird. Not sure why one might sign it if it was made for a restaurant?  It's just extra work.

To be honest I assumed it was a coated glass from China like the little tealight holders you can buy,
Like these type things:
urrgh  - every link I put in is huge but if you search for Partylite tealight tulip candle holder - well that's what I assumed it was although it's vase sized not candle holder sized.

but I wanted that colour so it served it's purpose.  I never paid much attention to it until last night and noticed the signature as it caught the light when washing it.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 04:47:30 PM »
Ooh actually this has come up under Partylite search- so it could well be something made for them. This one is made in Portugal but has a similar look doesn't it?
https://naunas-vintage-corner.com/products/partylite-candle-holder-made-in-portugal

Very odd to sign something like that though isn't it?

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 05:13:53 PM »
People sometimes put their own names on things, to mark their property. I have had to have such dremmelled scratches polished off a bit of glass.
The Partylite ones don't have feet, and the petals on yours seem more hot worked than moulded.
But otherwise, scarily similar. ;)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 05:20:52 PM »
Could the last two characters be 08 or 09?

John

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 05:49:04 PM »
Sue, I think it looks as though it's been hand worked at the petals as well.  But it's veeery similar isn't it?  That said, there was a period about 15 years ago where flower shaped items were the in thing.  I had a set of coated glass three tea-lights at the time.  That's why I just assumed that's the kind of thing it was when I bought it.
In it's favour v Partylite items, the petals are all different shaped and lengths so it looks more hand made if you see what I mean? Whereas the Partylite ones appear to be consistent in shape and size all the way round.

John I read 09 as well but couldn't make the letters in  front read 20 .. so gave up.  I think the letters look like LOG 09 to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand