Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > New Zealand & Australia Glass

Australian Carnival Glass by Crown Crystal

<< < (3/4) > >>

Glen:
I've added some stunning photos, courtesy of my friend, Ray Rogers (in Oz). They are of Australian flora and fauna - and I find them of especial interest as you can compare the real article to the moulded design on the glass.

Here for the flowers:
http://www.geocities.com/carni_glass_uk_2000/AussieFlowers.html

And go here and follow the instructions!
http://www.geocities.com/carni_glass_uk_2000/AussieKook_b.html

Glen

josordoni:
Nice article Glen!  I like the dark a lot - I always find I gravitate to the darker pieces for preference.  These look very shiny and glitzy, or is that just the pictures?

Is there much Oz stuff around in the UK?

Della:
Lovely photos, Glen.

I clicked the on kookaburra photo for my surprise, like it tells you to, and there is not link from it. The other links are working fine though.

Glen:
DOH! (Slaps head รก la Homer Simpson)  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Well Della, I suppose I did manage to deliver a sort-of surprise!  :lol: Thanks very much for pointing it out to me. I made the caption link to the pic instead of the photo. What a plonker. I've corrected it. Again, thank you.

Lynne - the iridescence on almost all our Aussie Carnival is top notch. Packed with colour and iridescence. It isn't easy to find in the UK. We've acquired only two items here in the past 20 years. One was the marigold Kookaburra float bowl (a rare piece) which was found in the West Country. The other was a pair of Emu nappies (also rare) found in a house clearance in London.

Most of our other Aussie Carnival was purchased at US Conventions or privately (not from the UK).

Glen

Anne:
:lol:  Sorry Glen, I'm now in fits of giggles imagining you fastening nappies onto emus... hope they didn't mind toooooo much!  :lol:

IGMC  :roll:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version