No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue Scandinavian Vase  (Read 1694 times)

Offline flick

• Members
Blue Scandinavian Vase
« on: September 24, 2006, 12:16:49 PM »
Morning all!

I have trawled the posts on here looking for something similar to this vase but have had no luck.  Am assuming it's Scandinavian and I'm sure one of you will know who it's by. It's 16cm high and 10cm at its widest point.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-3408

As always, many thanks!  :D

BTW - The vase is a smokey blue, not as grey as it looks in my photo.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flick

• Members
Blue Scandinavian Vase
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 12:25:08 PM »
Forgot to say, there is a very similar one in the same shop in the brightest blue that I think changes colour in a different light.  It either was meant to be or has been changed into, a lamp.  It's definitely old as the cable is very tatty and they want 4.50GBP for it.  The glass is much thicker than the one above.   :?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Blue Scandinavian Vase
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 01:46:35 PM »
Yes please tell me what it is - I have an identical one and not been able to ID. I was assuming German -- Zwiesel, or Wiesenthalhütte or WMF or even Gralglas - but so far no luck.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Blue Scandinavian Vase
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »
Flick, all I can say about the vase is that I've seen them many a time wrongly attributed to Riihimaki and wondered what they really are.  I had a three hooped red one once and sold it under the cop-out attribution  of 'Scandinavian' - totally unhelpful I know but I thought I'd sling this in anyway since you're bumping!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand