No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco Candlestick Holders  (Read 1534 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Art Deco Candlestick Holders
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:39:03 PM »
Hi

I have had this pair of Candlestick holders for about 3 years , they came from a local auction, I trying to find out a little about possible maker and age, they were sold as Art Deco and Czech made which is confirmed by mark on base of one, they are very solid and heavy for there size each one weighing close to 1kg, they measure 3.75 inches in diameter and stand 3.5 inches tall, the glass is very clear and are cut, they stand on a balck base with a silver ring which does have some type of marks, I bought them because I liked them and they looked very stylish, any help on any other information please

many thanks

roy mhgcgolfclub

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Sue C

• Members
Re: Art Deco Candlestick Holders
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:14:13 PM »
Hi Roy, on the metal base it look's like the second mark could be the rose for Shefield , but it is a bit rubbed, the first mark would be the importers mark, and are you sure they are candle holder's? and not ink wells with missing lid's ? if so the lid's would have had the same marks as the base, but it's a bit hard to tell from the pic's.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Re: Art Deco Candlestick Holders
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 05:23:23 PM »
Hi Dexter

I believe they are are Candlestick holders without a doubt, a candle just under 1 inch would fit, they have been used with candles as there is still a little wax, I agree it does look like a rose and that all the marks are a little rubbed and not easy to read

regards roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand