No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fake\repro Whiteriars Drunken Bricklayers  (Read 1284 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Fake\repro Whiteriars Drunken Bricklayers
« on: April 12, 2009, 05:43:03 PM »
If any one is interested.....

I saw a large and I think repro Drunken Bricklayer today, I know very little about Whitefriars but this vase looked all wrong to me, it was in a lime green\sage sort of colour (if that makes any sense) which looked odd and it was generally quite crudely made.

Sorry did not have my camera with me at the time.

John.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Fake\repro Whiteriars Drunken Bricklayers
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 06:28:09 PM »
So far only the small 8" bricklayers have been reproduced. 

this link is the nearest colour which sounds like your description

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STUNNING-LIME-WHITEFRIARS-STYLE-ART-GLASS-VASE_W0QQitemZ260386523754QQihZ016QQcategoryZ991QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the large bricklayer stands 13 inches..........you are sure it was a large one?  And where did you see it out of interest, assume it was for sale somewhere.?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Fake\repro Whiteriars Drunken Bricklayers
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »
The colour looks the same - that lime green is a little harsh, I am not certain about the size now thinking back, but I also remember thinking it looked large. I would bet 80/20 in favour of the larger size but I was awake at an ungodly hour this morning and a long drive there and back etc.

I saw it at Shepton Mallet flea. I would like to add to all the glass lovers out there that no nice glass can be found at flea markets and collectors fairs (especially those that I go to) and that I certainly was not out buying glass this morning. What? Nobody believes me? Surely not.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand