No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ebay purchase possible orrefors??  (Read 936 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Ebay purchase possible orrefors??
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:02:55 PM »
Had day off work today ended up spending half of it behind the computer on ebay looking at glass, When i saw this lovely vase that i just had too have it didnt have a makers mark but i felt it was nice quality and very attractive so decided to bid i was lucky enough to win at i felt a fairly hefty price but as i said id fallen into a kind of glass zone and needed to own it lol.... anyway my first thought was it is orrefors hope nobody else on here bid if so sorry.... but does anybody know what make it is??? Thanks in advance chez . :rn:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&item=350246940809

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Ebay purchase possible orrefors??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:59:27 PM »
I'm no expert on Scandi' glass but it might be Stromberg,please don't quote me on that there are plenty of GMB members who will put me right,Keith.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
Thankyou keith it does have a look of stromberg no i look again at it sort of squarish etc thanks  :thup:

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »
It looks a bit like Max Verboeket's work for Maastricht, but...not sure.  I AM sure we've had one of these on the GMB before, maybe about 3/4 months ago, but i can't find it now.  :cry:

I am not a man

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:10:06 PM »
Thanks max just googled it now and does look very simiar indeed thankyou... :hiclp:

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 06:38:56 AM »
Hi:
My first reaction was that it bears a moderate similarity to a series Vicke Lindstrand did for Kosta: the same streak of colour, the same ground out pontil, sometimes called the Contour or Kontur line. I can't locate a triangular one listed anywhere and the piece isn't signed so I'm offering this quite tentatively. I searched for the Max Verboeket vase in the earlier posts but most of the relevant pictures have gone. I still think it looks more like Lindstrand than Verboeket. Not Stroberghsyttan.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »
I have a piece of stromberg and thought it might not be stromberg because there glass is very heavy!! Youve hit the nail on the head as to verboeket his piece's seem a little more manipulated on the whole the ones ive seen anyway and ive read there mostly always signed. Linstrand did pop into my head also but i thought it would of been signed didnt he sign most of his work?? Seems quite a decent piece, And would have thought the designer might have wanted too sign it!! Its a mystery!!thanks for having a look !! :thup:

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 08:46:26 AM »
I have several Max Verboekets all signed and all with two or three colours . A friend of mine who is a member on this forum has one just like yours or maybe it is now yours .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand