No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Antique Ruby Liquer glasses- info pls?  (Read 2019 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Antique Ruby Liquer glasses- info pls?
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 10:10:27 AM »
For reference see The Decanter by Andy McConnell page 356 the first and the third are two of the decanters i have seen with those glasses " Decanter Designs from a 1950s catalogue extolling the virtues of gold ruby glass in the Egermann style invented a hundred years ago in the world famous Bor glassworks"  A very worthwhile book by Andy McConnell . jp

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Elmwood

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »
Hi John,

It's a book I have been trying to source for a few weeks now, a used version on-line is currently £120+.

I will try and loan it from the library......just taken delivery of my star prize from Collect it! - "Millers collectables Price guide 2009", which may or may not have something similar in, but at least its a lovely freebie!

As for these blessed glasses, Mikes mum may like them?  Can't remember why we bid on them, must have got in the swing of things as we also bought a couple of WF pieces, which are currently doing well on Ebay.

Many thanks to both of - Sharron :kissy:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »
You may be able to get that book at the National glass fair in Birmingham its only a couple of Sundays away i believe Andy Mc will be there , have a word with him if you can get there also show him the glasses . Remember if they are only 60 years old that makes them antique just like me . ;) :) :)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 11:06:06 AM »
Ebay item finishes in 20 mins decanter and six glasses £20 as now item 120484088555  and a single glass  , item 230391727237  i day to go similar i believe .

Offline malwodyn

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 03:47:33 PM »
Theycould be relatively modern - ruby flashed glass is still being made, but you are safe in calling them Bohemian.  Coloured glasses, with or without decanters aren't likely to appeal to many people -except us glass collectors.  Personally, I can't think of anything better to sip a liqueur out of - it's just that I don't often drink liqueurs!

Offline Elmwood

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 04:21:09 PM »
Hi there,

John- The ebay items are the same as ours! Both listed as pre -1840, hmm interesting  :spls:

Thank you so much did you happen to just come by them?  As for the glass fayre, can't wait, we are selling stuff NOW in order to raise more funds for that very fayre.  Hope to be buying a significant piece of something?

Malwodyn- Do any of us sip anything nowadays other than cough medicine ;)

Thankyou for all input- all is not lost just yet.......

Sharron

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 04:33:16 PM »
I have seen too many about and there are so many knowledgable glass people watching ebay and i believe they all felt the same as me ,  they went too cheap , sorry . :cry: :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand