No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue Threaded Goblet~Whitefriars? Venetian?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline tate9852

• Members
Blue Threaded Goblet~Whitefriars? Venetian?
« on: December 20, 2010, 03:07:16 AM »
Hello again. I don't think I ever introduced myself. My name is Tate, and I'm from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I have been a collector and reseller for about five years now with an emphasis on EAPG (Early American Pattern Glass), depression, and elegant glass. I have another mystery glass. It is a blue threaded goblet with a hollow stem and folded foot. It looks like Whitefriars or Venetian to me, but did not find any matches. The foot and stem are very close to old goblets on the Whitefriars website. Hopefully someone here can help!  :X: Once again, thank you to all for help with the other piece, it was a lot of fun. I will update the post if I get a positive pattern and designer.

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g381/tate9852/blue%20thread%20goblet/

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Blue Threaded Goblet~Whitefriars? Venetian?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 11:17:24 AM »
Hi Tate i am fairly sure its not Whitefriars (James Powell &sons) but you could also ask on www.whitefriars.com its certainly not a piece i have seen in the catalogues . Steve Leslie or Stan j are into the early pieces .
BY THE WAY WELCOME   :hiclp: :rah: :fc:

Offline tate9852

• Members
Re: Blue Threaded Goblet~Whitefriars? Venetian?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »
Ah, thank you. I was just trying to rule out Whitefriars. So, now I'm pretty sure it is Venetian, maybe 1920's Salviatti.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand