No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Ribbed Bullicant White Spiral w/ Gold Bowl.... Who Made it??  (Read 578 times)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Another find on my recent trip to Oregon......  Measures 6 long, 4.25 wide and 2.5 inches tall. The exterior is a spiral ribbed surface, with pretty pronounced ribs. The outer casing is clear and has large controlled bubbles in it. The Interior is covered in gold and has a single line of white which spirals out from the center to the top edge without touching itself anywhere along the way....  It is a very unusual combinations of techniques which appear to be very difficult to produce together on one piece....  Large amounts of age wear underfoot.....

Any suggestions, info, or attributions welcome...

TIA
Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
?????  ?????

Might that pattern be called *Zebrati* ?? :huh:    http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2814 and http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2637

...but I am not sure if that is correct or not. 

Someone with more knowledge will know -- but Stunning piece of Glass there  :thup:

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Yes Rose, it does appear to be a piece of Zebrati by Barovier & Toso.  Thanks.....

Did anyone else do Zebrati like this?  Anita? David?

Craig

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Craig:

My tendency is to say that this is one of the nicer Murano ashtrays and leave it there. I'm not sure about Zebrati:  see my post on this thread http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,38755.0.html

You did much better in Oregon than I did. I've been going there (Cannon Beach) for quite a few years, checking out nearby antique stores, and found just one awful made in Canada pear.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Thanks David, After reading that reminder in that thread, I would likely agree with you..... It appears to be a more generalized term at this point.  It is a nice piece, and the tightly spaced small ribbed exterior is quite different from any other piece I have. The combination of techniques is quite interesting....

As far as Oregon goes, I had a great trip for good glass.... One of the better in quite a while.........

Here is a pic of the three day haul, and all of it pretty reasonably priced, or in some cases dirt cheap.   :chky: Off the beaten path for some of it..... but one can't go too far for good deals...   :thup:

Craig

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand