No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: help with glass fish ID please  (Read 602 times)

bfg

help with glass fish ID please
« on: August 06, 2011, 05:23:18 PM »
Hi again

I'm way out of my comfort zone here with this fishy thing - done some snooping around t'internet but not really found anything comparable yet, happy just to be pointed in the right direction.. if anyone has any thoughts I'd be glad to hear them.

The hollow body is a light amber and all fins/tail are clear with gold - more dust than flecks I would say, glass eyeballs too. Weighs 512g and is approx  23cm long x 16cm deep taken at the extremities

many thanks  :-*

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

bfg

Re: help with glass fish ID please
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »
gentle bump to keep on the first page ;)

have been looking at 1930s Fratelli Toso as a possiblilty ...or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

grateful for comments, cheers

T

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:39:02 PM »
is it's eye all one tube that goes all the way through, a sort of tube of white pasta with a black interior...sorry, that's the only way I can describe what I mean.
Can't help but curious about the eye as I ahve one with a similar type eye but red rather than black middle.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

bfg

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:28:36 AM »
Hi m

Thanks for the reply :D

yes now you come to mention it, the black goes right through - you can see it through the body of the fish

its like a liquorice allsort!

does that help with the ID at all?

best wishes
T

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand