No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Small angular vase unknown designer???  (Read 877 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Small angular vase unknown designer???
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:10:17 AM »
Picked this fairly nice vase up recently it has a slight colour but hard to phtograph i would call the colour sage like whitefriars sage if anything the vase has a slightly polished rim and the base has been finished off well no polished pontil just kind of swirls into the middle of the base the extremities of the base has a good deal of wear so i would think of reasonable age wondering if anyone recognises it. The vase measures 7" tall rim 2 3/4" and the base is 2 3/4" thanks for looking hope someone might recognise it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Re: Small angular vase unknown designer???
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:14:26 PM »
I've seen one the same shape in a different colour with Friedrich Kristall label.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »
I´m leaning towards Friedrich, too. But only slightly change the angle of the ´two halves´
and you get a Alfred Taube. Just like the ´reverse´ theme (two cones stuck together
with their smaller end to create a slim-waist vase) several german glassworks did
similar pieces in a similar colour... Taube, Süssmuth, Hirschberg...
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 05:27:29 PM »
Yeah, i've seen a lot of similar items too... here's a picture of mine which i think is the exact same shape....
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand