No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Maybe a modern example of of a scandinavian looking vase!!!  (Read 523 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Maybe a modern example of of a scandinavian looking vase!!!
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »
Me and my dad both disagree on this vase he thinks its tk maxx i think it might be scandinavian it measures 9.5" tall 3" wide and the glass is thick but not too heavy the whole vase appears to have a lens type decoration and kind of stippled lightly all over not much wear to base so i think it might be modern any ideas welcome!!! :smg:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Re: Maybe a modern example of of a scandinavian looking vase!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »
This looks very 60s Germany to me. Peill & Putzler for instance used this sort of clear-and-etched technique a lot, but their vases are usually marked on the base or close to it by a small double P logo. If someone sold this to me and tried to convince me it was a 60s Peill vase by Horst Tüselmann, I wouldn't have a great deal of trouble believing it :).

But other German makers, like Nachtmann, made similar designs as well. As postwar German glass isn't the best documented, it can be difficult to pinpoint it to a specific maker.

Nowadays this sort of clear-and-etched isn't made in Germany anymore that I know of, but it could of course have become fashionable in other parts of the world (especially if you have reason to believe from lack of wear that it isn't very old).

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand