No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemian Irridescent Vase Loetz? Maker?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline selina

• Members
Bohemian Irridescent Vase Loetz? Maker?
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:49:25 AM »
Hi,
I've had this vase for a few years now and I thought I'd seen the style as Pepita? It measures 16.1" / 41.5cm high. I've taken the first photo with some other vases to indicate the size.  Irridescence doesnt show up as well in the photos and its dusty  :o This is one of a couple of vases Ive been unsuccessfully trying to ID. Any help appreciated and of course hoping its Loetz :)

Merry Xmas to everyone and Happy New Year also  :ru:
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Bohemian Irridescent Vase Loetz? Maker?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 01:50:21 PM »
Hello Selina,Merry Christmas :fc: looks like a piece of Rindskopf Pepita as you said,check Kralik glass.com ;D ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »
Thank you Keith  ;D I was hoping that it was a good piece for me finally. I checked the Loetz site but couldnt find one similar. The site seems to have changed a bit. I'll have a look where you said. I was going on memory from a while ago and I couldn't find a Pepita in that colour? It would be great to know instinct paid off on this one.  :hiclp:
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »
Going by that site, which is great btw! It seems Pepita is more the colour, rather than the style. My style seems closer to the Hyacinth... Ive found a few other things there now that I may have (or not) so thanks again for the link!
Trudy

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 08:50:22 PM »
You're welcome, ;D

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 12:22:14 PM »
Hi

the pattern called Hyacinth was made by lots of people, from memory the number of folds in the top are one of the better indicators of maker.

I suspect yours may be Kralik Hyacinth -its on the same site as Rindskopf Hyacinth

cheers

Mike

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »
Nearly right :pb: :pb:

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »
Thanks Mike!

Keith, an attempt is better than no attempt at all and you were THIS close :) I have another to ask about so keep your eyes peeled lol
Trudy

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 05:15:16 AM »
I've rechecked the Loetz.com site and the Pallme-Konig Pge 2, Picture 18 seems to match mine closer in overall style. Photo 18: a 16" "hyacinth" vase from the same family, with a metal-covered base (see Brohan 192:281; Pazaurek/Spiegel 50:74 for other versions of the same vase). Although mine doesn't have a metal covered base.

As for the reference for other versions...anyone help me on that? Why is there not a dumb blonde emoticon...
Trudy

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 08:15:09 AM »
Don't get taken in by the 'pattern' name hyacinth. These vases were made for displaying peacock feathers in the boudoir and have no relation with hyacinths for which they are entirely unsuited, both for the cut and bulb varieties.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand