No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: FM Konstglas paperweight sculpture ??? ID = Polish, mass produced oil lamp  (Read 943 times)

Offline stew2u2

• Members
i have had this paperweight ??  for a while now and when i had some help on another piece came across this.http://www.modernistglass.com/glasspieces/view/2084/fm-konstglas-paperweight-sculpture identical design i was just wondering if the description was right FM Konstglas paperweight sculpture. i have seen some work by WILLY JOHANSSON Hadeland that use the same technique. or is this just wishfull thinking.
thanks
stew
my weight

there is always someone worse off .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: FM Konstglas paperweight sculpture ??? help please
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
Sorry wrong tree. These oil lamps have been mass produced in Poland for 10 or 15 years now and bear no relation to art as we know it. In most of Europe you can pick one of these up on any flea market for 1 Dinar or Zloty or Crown.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline stew2u2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:33:26 PM »
thanks ivo i think  :cry: . i did not pay much for it. was the other one the same he seems to have got a very good price for it. it all adds to my knowladge
thanks again ivo

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
We all learned it this way...  :ghug:  :hi:
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline stew2u2

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 06:59:38 PM »
true dirk but this site makes it tonnes better i have learned loads in the last year i have been on here. mainly buy cheap and keep your fingers x

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
Hi Stew  :hi: The other thing that we all learn in life is that if you like it and it didn't cost too much,then enjoy it.  Just because it isn't what you hoped it was doesn't mean it isn't a pleasure to own.  And when you have had enough of it, you can always sell it on....correctly attributed, of course!

Happy New Year to you, and may 2012 be the best glass collecting year yet for you.

Rosie.  :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »
Absolutely agree with both Dirk & Rosie.  One of the joys of buying glass that you like is that when you get on this board and find out that it IS a nice piece.  For instance I have 2 really nice Kralik pieces I bought years ago because I liked them.  That nice little square vase turned out to be Stuart Strathearn.  I like the fun of the "chase" in volved in finding and then finding out about what I buy.  And sometimes my limited knowledge can help others have the same joy on a board like this.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline stew2u2

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 12:19:49 AM »
all the best to everyone for the new year.
your right Rosie i love glass the way the light acts on each piece. but alas the wife says i have to get rid if i buy some more. i seem to buy get rid get rid buy its a never ending story. love buying then trying to find out who what were ect. the history who drank out of that who put flowers in this vase
thanks
 stew

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Big empathy there Stew.....my OH is book mad....one room has 3 walls lined floor to ceiling, wall to wall with thousands of books....and piles of them on floors, tables, in the garage, in the loft....everywhere.
I put my foot down and said 'one in, two out'......meaning if you buy another, you must get rid of two.......then I looked around the rest of the house and thought 'Oooooops!' That's a lot of glass!! 
So I have now shut up about the books,  but just look compalcent when a new piece of glass arrives in the post!!  ;D
BTW,  don't mention putting flowers in vases, I was nearly 'excommunicated' for saying that,  it ranks along the same heinous crime as mentioning the word Dus*ing!!
Happy New Year and enjoy your glass collecting. :cheers:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand