No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Etched Butterfly Vase signed Ingrid  (Read 1514 times)

Offline dculvyho

• Members
Etched Butterfly Vase signed Ingrid
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:32 PM »
I acquired an etched vase at a flea market that has been very confusing to me.  It is signed Ingrid but I have not been able to confirm who may have made it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Etched Butterfly Vase
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:03:13 AM »
Hello dculvyho , welcome to the Board.  Now I don't collect vases,  just animals and birds and I love anything with btterflies on,  so your title caught my eye.  
I understand there is a company called 'Ingrid Glass' but I am not certain if it is Czech or German.  I think there is also a company called 'Ingrid Pears Glass'.
I don't think yours is the signature of the engraver,  I think it is the maker of the vase.

There are lots of others here who will know more about this,  so I will leave it to them now,  but you have a couple of company names to be researching in the meantime.
Rosie.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »
Hi, Welcome,
It doesnt look like anything ive seen by Ingrid glass, wouldnt surprise me though ! It is signed.  but its not my area either,

Maybe a Moderator could add 'signed Ingrid' to the header to attract more expertees
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline dculvyho

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:02 PM »
Thanks for the kind responses.  I will attempt to get the topic changed.  Good idea!
I've been researching this vase for about a year now.  I have found nothing like it either.  From what I understand there is a Czech Glass company that made a controversial move by registering the Ingrid name earlier in the 2000's.  I was under the impression this company was reproducing the highly desirable glass made in the mid 1900's but I have not been able to find out exactly what they produce.  Hopfully someone can confirm if this company did or did not make the vase.  Anyway, I appreciate all the help I can get.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members

Offline dculvyho

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 11:22:30 PM »
I have read the information given in the link just supplied.  This is where I got most of my information.  The article is geared toward comparing the reproductions being made now to the glass made by Ingrid and others during the 1900's.  It does not address what other glass if any this company has produced.  They mentioned a catalog that was available a few years back but that link no longer exist.  Maybe someone has a copy of the catalog or remembers veiwing it when it was available.

Thanks for your input.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand