No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I saved this Vase from the trash bin! Is it Pilgrim- Moser- Blenko?  (Read 408 times)

Offline gshep

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • I dabble in everything
    • USA - So. CA
Hi everyone, I posted my Heirloom Vases but now I have 2 that were saved from the Garbage as they were thrown out during a move. The comment was made that they were ugly and I said OH NO THEY ARE NOT! So I pulled them out of the trash, took them home and cleaned them up and WHOA! They were even prettier than I thought. I have no idea as to who the makers are here, either. I can guess perhaps 1 of the 3 for each, which would be
Pilgrim- Moser- or Blenko? Any other thoughts?

The (I Dream of Jeannie -Like) Bottle I have seen this color done by all 3 Makers. The other Vase is absolutely Stunning as it turns colors! It turns from Cear to Chartreuse! It's really Wild with the 3 Dribbles coming from the Mouth. HA ha ha it's Watering at the Mouth... how unique is that? It has a ghost of a sticker on the bottom that may have been metallic but I can't be sure. Anyway thank you for any insight. I really need to know what to ask if I decide to list them somewhere.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Elizabeth1212

• Members
I don't think the first vase is Blenko, at least I don't recall it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline gshep

• Members
    • I dabble in everything
    • USA - So. CA
Thanks  Elizabeth1212, I think I have searched all photos on just about every web site and have seen nothing like it. Not very many Vases have any extra colors added to them, as does the Vase with the added Blue Drops. I wonder if it might be a Murano Vase. I've seen some Murano stickers that were oblong. Not many stickers were or are oblong like that either. I wonder if any of the local Florists would know.

The second one? Does anyone think it might be a Pilgram Vase? OR is it a Bottle? I have seen on one or two websites that provide pictures, there have been very close resemblance's in shape and color. I am not sure what color that would be. The Pontil Mark is quite large and deep. It doesn't affect it in any way. Were there any Artists that left large Pontils? Does anyone know of any Glass Experts in the Los Angeles / Long Beach areas?

Thanks again...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline gshep

• Members
    • I dabble in everything
    • USA - So. CA
Is it ok to post an eBay Link? I have found at eBay another Vase with the label that is on my Blue Drops Vase! Now that I know what the Label says, I can see it faded on my Label under a bright light with a magnifying glass, AND I also found the Cousin to the Teal Blue Vase/Bottle! but without the name of a Maker. Same Pontil mark as is on mine!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand