No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Brides Bank or what?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
Brides Bank or what?
« on: March 11, 2013, 06:10:58 PM »
I've seen this described as a Bride's Bank or Wedding basket, or Applied Frog.   What little of these I saw on line indicated 1800s or Victorian some identified as Bohemian or Kralik, although another that was similar said early American.

It's larger and wider (squatter?) than it appears in the pictures due to the close up lens.  It stands approx. 5-1/2" tall and 7" wide.  Blown bowl with applied top.  The interior where the bowl and top meet is a bit rough.  The pontil scar on the bowl is left rough as well. 

So can we narrow the origin and age any?  Thanks for your knowledge on this one.

(Oh, This one happens to have a fracture in one of the loops I'll post a close up later.)
Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
Re: Brides Bank or what?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:22:11 PM »
And here's the fracture.  I haven't figured out how something cracks there with no other damage.  You can not even feel it and I didn't notice it until I got it home looking at it in different light.  I'm sure it must have been there when I bought it though.  Price was that of lunch at the fast food drive though so I think I still did OK.   I've only seen a few of these in real life.

Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand