No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help authenticating Kerr Wood Grain Drinking Glasses  (Read 478 times)

Offline saidthegirl

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • vintage glassware
    • United States
Need help authenticating Kerr Wood Grain Drinking Glasses
« on: August 02, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
I recently purchased five drinking glasses from a resale shop that have a tree bark/wood grain design. They measure 7 3/8 in. tall and about 3.5 in top diameter (2.5 in. on the bottom). The only markings on the bottom of the glass are numbers, such as 15 or 9. I've attached a picture.

I did some online research and I found the exact same glasses made by Kerr in the 60's, but the measurements do not match. All of the Kerr's I found were 6 in tall. Check out this Etsy link for reference:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/155252558/vintage-kerr-set-of-4-woodgrain-bark?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=kerr+wood+grain&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

I would like to know if anyone knows if Kerr sold the tall 7 3/8 version, or what other company might have used the same design to make the 7 3/8 version. I am looking to complete my set!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand