No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Knobbly tall Emerald green vase - smooth pontil  (Read 915 times)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Knobbly tall Emerald green vase - smooth pontil
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 10:51:19 PM »
Well I do have one of these on my Knobbly blog as Skrdlovice........and I am fairly sure I was told that information somewhere on this Forum.  At the time of doing the blog I was not familiar too much with Czech glass so would have asked here for info.  If it is not Skrdlovice, then please absolutely confirm so I will remove the reference ASAP.

Here's the image for mine

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/emmismith/Czech/BerenekGreen.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »
vidrioguapo - Sorry if I have bought you into the discussion, the trouble is when making comments on any board, you have to show a source or you will be asked for it.

Does yours have the same ground base as mine though?
There are others on an auction website that have similar decorative prunts but they are said to be Karlovarske but again they all have the normal flat bases.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 12:45:50 AM »
All three of my Kamei vases, and a Sanyu bowl, have a ground out pontil mark like yours.  The two Hineri vases are polished flat.

I suspect a need to clarify the "tool" used to make the bulge might be a profitable study and help us all make better decisions.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 01:00:51 AM »
vidrioguapo - Sorry if I have bought you into the discussion, the trouble is when making comments on any board, you have to show a source or you will be asked for it.

Does yours have the same ground base as mine though?
There are others on an auction website that have similar decorative prunts but they are said to be Karlovarske but again they all have the normal flat bases.

No problem, I am as concerned as you to get the ID correct.Unfortunately I am away from home for a few weeks, so cannot access my vase to see the base, and I just cannot remember what it is like.  I'll make a point of looking on my return.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 01:01:10 AM »
Hi all. If the vase that vidrioguapo has, has a flat polished base, I would suggest it is one by Magnor, similar to this one. These are much more "Skrdlovice" in weight and glass thickness and base finish, than the green one in this thread. It is more easily appreciated when all three types have been handled. A photo does not make it very clear.

Robert

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand