No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: James Maskrey Paperweight  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Nick77

• Members
James Maskrey Paperweight
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »
Hi All
Thought some of you may be interested in this one. It came in a mixed lot from auction and I had put it down as an attractive weight but one that was probably not attributable to any maker, then found it is in fact signed James Maskrey 99.
 Not a maker I had heard of but a search of this board found an old thread, sadly the paperweight images had been hosted off site so are missing, but it seems he worked within a studio set up at Poole Pottery in the 90's, and a Google search shows he is associated with the University of Sunderland but other than that I can't find anything else.

It is a very nice weight with a lot of iridescence in the silvery parts that don't show up as well in the photos.

Nick

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand