No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Could someone help with Hand Blown Large Glass Bowl info please? :)  (Read 499 times)

Offline chriss

• Members
Hi I was hoping that someone could give me some info about this heavy hand blown footed bowl please? I'm not sure if it has July or letters above the 02 etched to the base roughly central to the pontil mark, but no other makers marks or labels. It stands 5 3/4" tall and is 12" wide. The foot is clear glass, with tiny bubbles around the edge but I'm not sure if it has been applied or if it has been worked to form the foot so that it has the bubble effect? The maker has used a pale milky coloured pink, then  yellow and white and radiating out to blue formed a lovely swirling pattern.  This doesn't belong to me, I'm helping a friend as it was donated to a local charity shop and they wanted more info about it so I have listed it here for them. Does anyone know anything about this glass please? Many thanks Chris :) 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ahremck

• Members
I wonder where you live Chris.  That bowl is by Jamie McMurtrie of Moyston, Victoria, Australia.  Moyston is about 100 miless(160) Kms West of Melbourne just off the main highway to Adelaide.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chriss

• Members
I live in The Midlands, UK and the charity shop is in a small town called Rugeley, Staffordshire if you are interested, but they may put it on their ebay shop as the galleries I have managed to find since you gave me a name to look at are selling an orange bowl, but more geometric for $880 so i would expect they will as it seems to have turned out to be quite special as I thought :)) I have no info about who donated it though it's come a fair way :) Thanks so much for the info it's much appreciated :)) It's just a shame it's not mine as it would look lovely in my dining room Chris  ::) ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand