No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Complete Novice - Asked to sell this piece. Any help much appreciated!  (Read 656 times)

Offline sworrubs

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am completely new to the world of glassware and have been asked by my elderly Father-in-Law to clear out a lot of the stuff he has 'cluttering up' his house.

One of the items is this small vase(?) standing at 10cm tall. It has, what I believe to be  an an acid etched mark on the bottom that according to the Great Glass website appears to be Royal Doulton Crystal.

I'm really looking for some confirmation of the maker as well as any one who could provide a more accurate description/name for this piece?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
Scott

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It's Dartington: the FT266 candleholder/vase called "Fleur delight"  designed in 1981

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline NMott

• Members
I see a fair few at car boots and charity shops.

Offline sworrubs

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Wow, Many thanks for that!

Sadly none of this stuff seems to really be worth much at all but I feel a bit better knowing that it isn't, rather than just assuming.

Thanks again!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
It was decluttering my parents' house that got me into browsing antique markets and fairs, to find out if anything was anything of interest...

When I got caught by the glass I saw and got addicted!

You are as well off knowing you have not thrown out some rare treasure. You don't want to have it haunting you.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand