No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue glass red rimmed plate and bowl, signed. Pinkwater Glass studio, NY?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline sayitslowly

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • usa
I am hoping someone will be able to direct me in my attempt to identify the maker of this plate and bowl. The plate is 9" diameter with a deep well and red rim. The bowl is straight sided, 4" diameter and also red rimmed. Both are signed but with different numbers, perhaps the year. The signatures vary a little but I can't make out either well enough to be much help in searching. These look so familiar but I'm having trouble  narrowing down the maker. I would appreciate any help.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline sayitslowly

• Members
    • usa
Re: Blue glass red rimmed plate and bowl, signed
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:12:01 PM »
additional photos

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline sayitslowly

• Members
    • usa
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 06:25:43 PM »
Someone suggested that this might be from the Pinkwater Glass studio in NY though I've not been able to verify yet but it looks very promising.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 11:55:04 AM »
 :)
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry I can't help, but this does appear to be a very well made thing. Pinkwater does look good for the signature, (I was trying to make something from Pukaberg, but it doesn't look anything like their work.).
I hope somebody else who knows a bit more about American glass will come along and add their opinion.
Not everybody comes here every day, have a little patience - I'm sure somebody will help you eventually.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline sayitslowly

• Members
    • usa
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 01:20:20 PM »
Hi Sue! Thanks very much. I also had tried to make it Pukeberg as I thought these looked Scandinavian but it just didn't fit. I did find a photo online of some dinnerware made by Pinkwater that would seem to be like mine in a rainbow of different colors. Most of their items seem a bit more bold and funky and these are rather subdued for them. It does look to me that the signature is a good match so I think I'm satisfied that it's Pinkwater.

Thanks so much!

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 01:46:35 PM »
 :)
I've been admiring your glass and hoping somebody would talk to you.
Applying a trail around a rim is a very difficult thing to do, especially so well. So is shaping the right angles in the saucer/plate. It has to be by somebody good!
I do like the unusual contrast of colours too.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
I have added "Pinkwater Glass studio, NY" to the thread title to try to attract some more input.

Personally, I think the items are very much in the same style as some google results for "pinkwater glass". And to me the signatures do look ok for that.

But let's see if anyone can confirm this.
KevinH

Offline sayitslowly

• Members
    • usa
Thanks Kevin sounds like a plan :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK

Offline sayitslowly

• Members
    • usa
Thank you for the links I hadn't seen all of those before. If it's ok to provide these links I think it adds support to the Pinkwater identification. I apologize if these links are not allowed.

http://collections.madmuseum.org/code/emuseum.asp?emu_action=media&id=2526&mediaid=10501

This link has pop ups on my computer but it does show what looks like my pieces.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/pinkwater-glass-carmel-ny/picture/view/2305553

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand