No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed glass photo frame queen vic golden jubilee who made it and reg number  (Read 1883 times)

Offline fatbelly

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Nice things
    • Uk
Hi Anne...
Sorry I read it and started looking online.Then replies to Kev.i though I could reply to each message individually but I could not so my ignorance.
That’s great info hence why I started searches again.I believe your right about the flat spot on the 8 looking at other dated pieces and I have another piece that came with this that looks very similar maybe all 3 piece were Davidson’s.I will add the other pieces tomorrow in separate links maybe the collector had a thing for Davidson Glass but neither of the other pieces are marked for anyone.
That’s a very nice piece you show in your image too.Im starting to look at pressed glass in a different light I have had some nice pieces in the past but tend to ignore it unless something specific peaks my radar.
So again apologies but your info got me searching again.  :D :D
And maybe this is the piece Chris Stewart mentioned.
Thanks for your help
FB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline fatbelly

• Members
    • Nice things
    • Uk
Paul the image looks definitely photographic.
PW with Images always look paper like from the one I have seen almost photocopied but this has a photographic feel.Might be completely wrong.
I have gone through all the commemorative books I have and nothing even similar and my pressed glass reference isn’t the best.
Nice to have an interesting item though that many haven’t seen before.
Thanks for your help
FB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Hi FB, Chris wrote the definitive book on Davidson, so I'd feel pretty safe with his view on the flat top 8. His website is www.cloudglass.com but I'm not sure if he mentions the commemoratives on it, or its sub-site about Davidson Glass.  The Davidson plates have the flat top 8 as well, and seeing as Chris mentions a photo frame in his book, I'm feeling very optimistic! Fingers crossed you can find the proof you seek for it.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline fatbelly

• Members
    • Nice things
    • Uk
Anne I have been in touch with Chris through his cloud glass website so hopefully he will be able to give a definitive answer in the coming weeks.
Your help has been much appreciated as has everyone else’s.
Thanks
FB

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
That is good news, FB, please do let us know the outcome. It's always exciting when something we haven't seen before emerges and someone can provide a positive ID. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Many years ago, actually in 2009 I bought the following book at Broadfield House Glass Museum:
Pressed Glass Commemoratives - A Collector's Companion compiled by Vivian Walker and Susan Biss  (no ISBN#)

This photograph frame is pictured on page 25 and attributed to: Davidson (not marked) - recorded colours: clear

The image of the frame is copyrighted © James Wood, the frame itself is empty.
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline fatbelly

• Members
    • Nice things
    • Uk
Thank you Pamela that’s great info
I will chase it up and keep searching Davidson’s.
It seems to be the consensus so far.
FB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand