No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pair of cut glass miniature decanters  (Read 906 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Pair of cut glass miniature decanters
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:15:08 AM »
Pair of cut glass miniature decanters for show.

This pair do have matching numbers 15 and 30 , the numbers on the decanters are etched on the neck and the base of the stopper.
Height of the decanters is 3.75" and 4.5" including stopper.

Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Pair of cut glass miniature decanters
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 04:32:23 PM »
very nice to have a pair Roy :)            So, do you think these are more likely to be from a 'boudoir'/trinket set, and made for scent rather than intended for booze - you wouldn't get much of a drink ;)

Looking at the matching Nos., it appears they have been created with a stilleto/stylus rather than acid etching - or am I very wrong - and bearing in mind the prism and diamond cutting, what date might you suggest.                   I have seen Registration Nos. etched on the underside of the base of small wet cruet bottles.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Re: Pair of cut glass miniature decanters
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:41:49 AM »
Thanks Paul

I still think they are miniature individual spirit decanters, enough to knock me out. I think your right about them being marked by a stylus , not acid etched.

I am unsure of there age. I always test my cut glass with a uv light at home just to see how they react. Most older pieces always glow a soft green, these 2 decanters did not react at all which made me wonder if they may be later copies post 1950's.

A picture of another 4 small cut glass bottles cruet, trinket or scent bottles which all glow soft green under a uv light height left to right 4" , 7" , 6.75" and 2.75".

Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand