No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identifying glass bowl, Kralik or Loetz? ID = John Walsh Walsh  (Read 1428 times)

Offline eshearm

• Members
    • uk
Good morning,  I have aquired this glass bowl and am struggling to identify the pattern in any of the loetz cataolgues and can find no info that indicates it Kralik.  I have seen this shape advertised as Loetz and there is currently a green one in Hemswell antiques centre.  But i have a little niggle that says its Kralik, can you guys help in any way?
Many thanks

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Help identifying glass bowl, Kralik or Loetz?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 08:15:04 AM »
Reasonable places to look but in this case as you have found neither Loetz or Kralik. This one was made by John Walsh Walsh.

John

Offline eshearm

• Members
    • uk
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:17:44 AM »
hank you very much for your reply! brilliant funny how past knowledge blocks us from thinking outside the box! Would never have thought Walsh  8) 8) ;D

Offline eshearm

• Members
    • uk
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 08:23:19 AM »
And now I have looked there it is! Serves me right for thinking it bohemian! thanks again x

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »
You are welcome. Another example below along with more in the topic in the link.

https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,49430.0.html

Offline eshearm

• Members
    • uk
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 09:50:03 AM »
Cheers!
And can i just say i was rather impressed with my pics this time! look vaguely professional!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
They do, I have been peering at your background trying to work out what it is! Mine is a big sheet of mount card, the sort picture framers use.

Offline eshearm

• Members
    • uk
Re: Help identifying glass bowl, Kralik or Loetz? ID = John Walsh Walsh
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 10:13:23 AM »
Hi, I bought very cheaply of amazon fabric case that sets up as a cube withich is hite then I adda cover at the base and back to make it blck. works really well with a window behind it and gave me these pics! almost make sit look like I know what I am doing  :P ;D :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand