No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this genuine Lalique  (Read 5802 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Is this genuine Lalique
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »
To be fair, I don't think we can be sure that this seller didn't inadvertantly buy a job lot of this stuff (with the faked sigs) rather than doing the signature themselves but he/she should definitely be monitored now we're all aware that they've had at least two pieces with faked signatures pass through their hands. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 04:47:20 PM »
 :o their followup comments to neutrals and negatives are pretty appalling for a professional business trader IMO...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »
obscurities. Craig I am in agreement with you. Its like the time a discussion (not long ago at all) was ongoing about the use of a ? in an eBay auction title & many stated it was illegal & eBay would pull the auction. I was highly doubtful & stated such, citing multiple (I think there were five) ongoing glass auctions with a ? in the title. Again it was stated it was illegal & eBay would pull them....never happened, all five ran to their conclusion. Very, very rarely will eBay do a single solitary thing to stop this anymore & it doesn't matter how many people contact them with complaints. You can sell fakes, you can keyword spam to your hearts content. Did they (eBay) at one time enforce these violations? Yes, however that is obviously ancient history since John Donahoe became CEO. The past two years its essentially been the wild west show just like the "old" days of eBay.  Ken

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 05:20:40 PM »
With my moderator hat on, I have removed a couple of the posts which, in my view, contravened Board Posting Policy. Sorry about any remaining parts that now may not quite make sense without additional comments.

I would ask that we all review the Board Posting Policy from time to time and think about our comments a bit more before we type, especially when it concerns an auction listing or other sales items. The sort of discussion above has often happened in the past and in some cases, the whole thread has been pulled (to the annoyance of some board members) becuase it became too complicated to tidy up the more emotive comments and accusations.

For info, parts of the Posting Policy are copied below:
•If you wish to draw attention to an on-line auction which you consider to be ‘not as described’ you may provide a link to the auction but you should only state that “in my opinion this piece has not been described correctly.” Or, for example, in the case of a signature that you feel is incorrect “the signature does not appear to be genuine.”  It would also be advisable to ask if others have any opinion. Do not state anything is a fact, unless you can provide documentary proof!
•If it is felt that a posting is taking an unfair position in respect of a person selling on an on-line auction the posting will be removed or edited to remove bias.
KevinH

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »
I really do not want to defend ebay in any way on this, I have contacted them once (ebayUK) about an item and they later withdrew the offending listing. I think that given the number of 'questions' the seller already had informing him or her of their 'mistake' the evidence was overwhelming and they actually did something (I may not have been the only person to complain). The seller was not a happy bunny which became obvious when the item was relisted.

It definitely operates like the Wild West at the moment though. When sharp practices and worse continue under their roof 'it is nothing to do with me' is not good enough.

John.

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 05:37:29 PM »
To be fair, I don't think we can be sure that this seller didn't inadvertantly buy a job lot of this stuff (with the faked sigs) rather than doing the signature themselves but he/she should definitely be monitored now we're all aware that they've had at least two pieces with faked signatures pass through their hands. 

My sarcastic comment about the engraving machine was "candid humor"...  and not a direct statement that the seller was indeed forging....  I apologize if it came across otherwise......

:o their followup comments to neutrals and negatives are pretty appalling for a professional business trader IMO...

what a surprise from a guy that...

He has threatened to come and sort me out face to face, all the way from West Yorkshire oh yes and he is going to sue me as well. :-[ because I told him a perfume bottle was not Okra.

It takes all kinds....   and ebay certainly has them!!
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/ They regularly police markets, boot sales and ebay for fakes. Perhaps I'll just point him out to my friend Lyndsey who works for them.

Offline scimiman

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/ They regularly police markets, boot sales and ebay for fakes. Perhaps I'll just point him out to my friend Lyndsey who works for them.

Please do. Its the only way anything will ever get done. Do nothing and you hand the whole shooting match over to the cowboys

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 06:09:59 PM »
Done.

Offline scimiman

• Members