No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ysart (?) butterfly  (Read 3483 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
Re: Ysart (?) butterfly
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »

Hi.  I think that if the seller ends the auction early, that is what you see as a message on eBay; and that if the item vanishes, then eBay have removed it for whatever reason. (For example: item contravenes permitted item rules; or seller has committed an offence such as shill bidding which can result in temporary or permanent suspension).

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline daveweight

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 01:24:07 PM »
Just out of interest,  here are pictures of my two PY Butterfly paperweights. The first is a type 1 fake C1988 with the dropped Y and the second on the spattered ground is a type 2 fake C1992 with spaced letters
Dave

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »
Well they're being listed again, 5 currently listed, not claiming tom be Paul Ysart but just listed as with a PY cane here's one 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STUNNING-WHITE-AND-GREEN-BASKETWORK-AND-FLOWER-PAPERWEIGHT-WITH-PY-CANE-/380609474713?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item589e17b099

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 02:01:41 PM »
I have been looking at the weights and have to admit that I have trouble seeing which one is fake apart from the PY with a large gap and which ones are real. I have not handled any but like to keep an eye open for them. The fakes as it has been said are collectable in their own right and they look good to me. The seller is trying to deceive by giving himself a 'get out' clause. Hopefully the collectors can read the listing and act accordingly.

The last time I as at Newark I was marching around on the Parade Grounds and wasnt allowed to walk anywhere for 6 weeks  !!  ;D
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand