No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anbody help with identifications of these 4 items?  (Read 628 times)

Offline Smitty

• Members
  • Im no longer as new but still please be gentle
    • scandanvian glass
    • England
Can anbody help with identifications of these 4 items?
« on: March 12, 2014, 02:18:53 PM »
I bought 4 items of glass at an auction last weekend without knowing what I was buying. I just liked the look of them. Now I’ve got then home I’ve been trying to identify them with out much luck.
I thought the blue vase and dish looked a bit “Brierlyish”  at the time, Okra, or even Heron Glass  but the unpolished unsigned  base was not right for any of these . (I think)     Its heavy ,stands  17cms in height. The little green bowl  had a similar quality. It stand 6.5 cms in height and the diameter is  9.9cms.
I thought the yellow vase could be Maltese or even Italian but once again the rough ground  pontil left me struggling.  Its heavy and stand 17.3 cms in height.
Finally I thought that  the little pink vase with silver inclusions had to Isle of Wight but this time a polished smooth base with no signature make  me doubt my assumption.  Its heavy and stands 10cms in height.  I’m still going through all the helpful  sources that contributors to the GMB has identified but so far with no luck.   Can any body push me in the right direction . Thanks
Fleabite

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Re: Can anbody help with identifications of these 4 items?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:24:45 PM »
The Maltese vase is a chimney Malta Decorative Glass vase ...very nice (could well have been made by Boffo himself)   ;D

p.s. It's normal protocol, here on the GMB, to post each glass item as a separate thread so as to avoid confusion  ;) Sorry I can't help on your other glass  :(
Mike

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Smitty

• Members
  • Im no longer as new but still please be gentle
    • scandanvian glass
    • England
Re: Can anbody help with identifications of these 4 items?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:48:55 PM »
Thanks Mike for your help  on the  Maltese Piece. I’m pleased that I was at least in the right area on that one. I will follow protocol next time as Im sure there will be lots more I need help on.  Cheers
Fleabite

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand