No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart decanter shape YC  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Monart decanter shape YC
« on: March 08, 2015, 10:46:57 AM »
Below is my latest piece of Monart. A rare decanter shape YC with the colour code 246A. There is no damage and the stopper is removable (a bonus), also it has a full pre war Monart Glass label.
The image is by kind permission of Fielding's auction house.
I will post more images when the decanter arrives.
Gary

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Re: Monart decanter shape YC
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 12:03:16 PM »
Ooh lovely - saw that but knew I couldn't afford it!!! :(
It has everything  - label, working stopper and georgeous colourway - can't wait to see some more pictures.

There were some nice pieces but a few were unsold!

(I got the IG bowl, paid a bit more then I intended but have been after one that colourway for a while)
Roberta

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 06:14:56 PM »
very nice I did wonder if it was you who bought it I watched the auction live it must have been between you and someone on auction floor,  thats the third one known now in that shape, I did buy one piece from the auction the strathearn cloisonné vase as I have cloisonné in vasart and monart just not in strathearn , also bought another three pieces yesterday including a nice surface decorated monart vase
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 06:16:34 PM »
It has everything  - label, working stopper and georgeous colourway - can't wait to see some more pictures.

(I got the IG bowl, paid a bit more then I intended but have been after one that colourway for a while)
well done on getting the bowl and at a good price

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »
Simply Stupendous , ;D

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 06:28:54 PM »
You didn't buy that piece in America did you? I was the under bidder but with the commission, shipping etc. it got a bit much for me  :'(
Roberta

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »
You didn't buy that piece in America did you? I was the under bidder but with the commission, shipping etc. it got a bit much for me  :'(
yup sure did , nice shapeCC and the nice wee bowl, the other big brown horrible one will be in their bin

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 07:38:04 PM »
Yes - that's exactly what I said!! Don't want that one, Vasart indeed! ::)

I'm now soooo jealous - I really wanted the stripy vase - it was a really good price if you ignore the shipping costs.

You must post some pics of it.
Roberta

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 07:48:34 PM »
Yes - that's exactly what I said!! Don't want that one, Vasart indeed! ::)

I'm now soooo jealous - I really wanted the stripy vase - it was a really good price if you ignore the shipping costs.

You must post some pics of it.
you were the under under bidder someone came in from auction house floor  after you stopped for one bid, that's 6 new pieces within a week

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »

I am very pleased with it, I have been looking for that shape for ages. So when it came up for auction I had to have it.
Nice colour scheme on your bowl.

very nice I did wonder if it was you who bought it I watched the auction live it must have been between you and someone on auction floor,  thats the third one known now in that shape, I did buy one piece from the auction the strathearn cloisonné vase as I have cloisonné in vasart and monart just not in strathearn , also bought another three pieces yesterday including a nice surface decorated monart vase
Cheers Gary, there was an other internet bidder.
I also bought the X shape cloisonne Monart bowl at the same auction.

Simply Stupendous , ;D
Thanks for your comment, can't wait to get it home so I can have proper look at it.
Gary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand