No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Broke a Bayel Cristal glass from this set. Where to buy?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Broke a Bayel Cristal glass from this set. Where to buy?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 04:58:32 PM »
Anne, merci!
At least one of the items listed by Anne is pressed glas
and if my knowledge of French language serves me right, the seller offers 'verres estampillés' in the meaning of 'verre moulé' = pressed glas.

I guess you see the big difference between these and the cut glasses offered in Anne's list.

If I were you I'd buy a set of new glasses which you can afford and really like for daily use, and leave the rest of five Bayel alone. One missing glass is normal wear and tear - just my opinion

:-*
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
Not quite but it doesn't matter really, 'verre estampillé' translates literally as stamped glass, meaning as in marked.

I agree with the idea of buying another set, it's still cheaper, you've shown respect for the landlord and he/she can't really say anything then  ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 05:35:44 PM »
Thank you, Anne, I really appreciate to get corrected!  :-* 'Estampillé' is too close to 'Stempel-gepresst'  ;D
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline usherer

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Australia
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 11:00:17 AM »
Dear both,

Thanks for the great idea. I'll give them the link to US Ebay (we wouldn't be able to understand how to use ebay.fr), and have them pick what they like from there. Problem for them is, the sets are old--but it works for my budget!

What you’ve said about wear and tear/one glass is no big deal is comforting (but I really wonder how I might react if MY glass got broken!) – I come from a household where everything is cheap and disposable, so I was worried about such fancy items.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand