No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Floris Meydam glass form  (Read 459 times)

Offline IOM3Library

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Leerdam glass
    • United Kingdom
Floris Meydam glass form
« on: October 11, 2022, 10:50:25 AM »
In our heritage collection we hold this item:

Glass form, designed by Floris Meydam probably for Koninklijke Nederlansche glassworks, Netherlands (Leerdam). Blue cobalt colour glass sculpture in “diamond” shape - inscription Leerdam MS 52 L and signature F.Meydam (Makers's mark).
Provenance: Presented to the Iron and Steel Institution on their centenary in 1969, by Koninklijk Instituut Van Ingenieur (KIVI) (Royal Institute of Engineers, Netherlands). "G.W. Van Stein Callenfels, representing A.Drijver (Member of Council), presented a unique example of glass sculpture in 'Unicum Leerdam' blue glass, with a certificate of its authenticity and uniqueness." ref. JISI, June 1969, p.688
The accompanying certificate is missing.

By the inscription would you be able to suggest a date for this item and any other information relating to its history and creation?

Many thanks for any help you can give us with this.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Floris Meydam glass form
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 01:46:57 PM »
You have the date I think: 1969. I suggest contacting the museum at Leerdam (which is fabulous BTW) for further info, as it's unlikely anyone here would know https://www.nationaalglasmuseum.nl/en/contact/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline IOM3Library

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Leerdam glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Floris Meydam glass form
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 01:52:17 PM »
Thank you  :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia