No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dartington Rose Vase  (Read 1313 times)

Offline bowboy77

• Members
Dartington Rose Vase
« on: February 19, 2007, 04:54:21 PM »
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone can help me find out a bit more information on a vase I bought in a charity shop a few months ago for 50p. I've searched the internet for some info but to no avail.
Its is a Dartington Rose Vase FT63. It is in its orignial(?) box, stands around 6 inches high and has a diameter of just over 1 and 1/8th of an inch. It is in very good condition apart from faint water line staining on the inside of the vase, 3/4 of the way up.

I was hoping to attach photos to both prove is authenticity and to give you a better idea of what it looks like, but unfortunately i've been unable to. But if you let me know you'r e-mail address I can send you some photos to help you help me. The only other information I can obtain from the box is that it was 'Handmade in Torrington, North Devon, England by Dartington Glass, Designed by Frank Thrower'.

If anyone can provide me with any information on the vase I'd very much appreciate it.
Many thanks,
James

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Dartington Rose Vase
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 05:26:51 PM »
Please email me at:  maxeen AT aol. com   

...and I'll upload your photo for you James.  :)

I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline bowboy77

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »
Many thanks for offerinf to that Maxeen. I have sent you an e-mail with them attached this morning.
Cheers,
James

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 06:15:21 PM »
Hi James. I didn't get your email for some reason, could you check the address and send again please?  Or you can load the photo up to tinypic.com and I'll transfer it to our GlassGallery for you.   :)
I am not a man

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »
Hi James, it strikes me that you pretty much know all there is to know about your piece - the name of the design, the pattern no., the designer and manufacturer - the only thing left is the date and since Frank Thrower worked at Dartington from 1967 until his death in 1987 you can at least pinpoint it to within those years.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 07:34:56 AM »
It will be one of the early pieces, probably about 1970, because they appear to be sequentially numbered. See here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand