No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Are there too many glass fairs in the UK?  (Read 5890 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Are there too many glass fairs in the UK?
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 03:08:02 PM »
No not too many glassfairs, i love them Cambridge is my favorite i also like Gaydon i just thought it may help to pass on what some of the public are saying i also pass on many positive ideas,it would help if the few dealers put the pieces away until repriced and stop bragging about how cheap they got them while setting up.I am sorry i got heated but i did feel it was a personal attack. I see and speak to the other member frequently and to my face he is always charming. JPH.ps some of my ebay customers have asked me to take the items won to Cambridge to save postage as is often the case.?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline yelooc

• Members
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »
Hello John, you're right, it was wrong to be presonal, I also apologise.

There is an important point here, I think. It has become very easy to enter the market as a dealer because of ebay. I wonder how this will effect things long term. The continuing growth in the number of dealer/collectors has changed the market for the pure dealer.

As Frank put it earlier there is a new business model which is becoming increasingly important.

Happy New Year to all.
Graham

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
It may be easy to enter, it is not easy to maintain a business.  Expertise needs to be acquired, and customer service maintained. 

People think selling on ebay is easy.... I can tell you it is just like any other business.
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2007, 09:33:59 PM »
I am pleased this has been put to bed due to the many good sensible people that contribute to the forum i feel it helps to talk things over if people are concerned about them it can only be good for the trade and collectors.Thanks JPH.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand